Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Smoothie on the go and a workout!

Hi out there~

So I LOVE www.pinterest.com . I got this idea from a pin that I saw on there.

Quick Smoothies on the go!

I froze some Honey blueberry yogurt and some nonfat yogurt in a mini muffin tin.. It makes the perfect portions of yogurt to go into your smoothies. Then I cut up 2 bananas and froze them on a cutting board. You can you a silpat mat or cookie sheet.

So with my frozen yogurt and bananas I also used frozen Peaches, Raspberries, Blueberries & Strawberries. Don't worry if you can only find whole frozen strawberries, they are easy to cut when frozen. I cut mine into fourths.



Then I added 2 frozen yogurts in with about 1/2 cup berries and 4-5 banana slices and 5-6 peaches and strawberries. You can really use what ever kinda fruit you like and how much you like. I put these in individual ziplocks so when I want a smoothie for a pre or post workout snack I will have one and I can just add in some protein powder and almond milk. When my kids want a quick breakfast or after school snack they can have a healthy smoothie.

This is what my ziplocks look like....
 

Here's the workout I did on 12/6

15 sec rest/45 sec work/30 rds/5x thru/total workout time 30 mins
my scores are posted under the exercises!

1. Low Jacks
53, 51, 49, 47, 43 = 243 total

2. Bridge w/tricep extension w/ 10 lb weight
13, 13, 12, 11, 12 = 61

3. plank elbow to knee touch
23, 27, 22, 21, 20 = 113

4. side to side bosu
67, 67, 65, 61, 67 = 328

5. v-sit w/ 15 lb side to side
41, 40, 43, 40, 38 = 202

6. Plank knee tucks
40, 45, 56, 54, 62 = 257

There are a few reasons why I keep a workout journal. It's nice to be able to see your progress and go back and do old workouts and see how you've improved. It also helps me to assess where I'm at in my fitness and to be able to set fitness goals. Seeing my scores on this workout it's apparent to me that I need to work on my endurance and consistency. It seems that a lot of the time I start out really going and I use up all my gas and have nothing left at the end. I want to be more consistent and have my numbers be going up not down.

Well that's if for now. I hope you try the workout and you enjoy the smoothies. And remember......


Later xo
Sherice

No comments: