Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chicken Tacos

Hey~
Somedays it's a two post kinda day! I'll keep this one short and sweet, or should I say spicy!
This is MY version of a recipe that I saw in a magazine.. I'm always adding or omitting things from recipes to make them my own!

Shredded Chicken Tacos with salsa.. you can find the salsa recipe here....http://foodieluvsfitness.blogspot.com/2011/12/chilly-sunday.html
homemade salsa


you can use a rotisserie chicken for this or you can prepare you chicken however you'd like, but This recipe is meant for the chicken to already be cooked. I had some already shredded that I had cooked in my crock pot for another recipe and had just made extra to freeze for a quick and easy dinner like this one. Remember that if you taste the chicken and it needs more of a seasoning then go ahead add more!! but you can't take it out so just keep that in mind.

We only eat white meat here so it's chicken breast all the way..
so put your chicken in a pan, probably about 2 breasts
add in juice of 1 lime
3/4 tsp cumin powder
1/8 tsp cayenne powder
1/2 to 3/4 tsp chili powder
and about 5-6 shakes of the smoked paprika..I didn't measure this one, sorry! FYI: don't buy this at the regular grocery store like I did. for a little jar it cost me over 5 bucks then at Costco it was a few dollars more for 3 times as much.. shop around!!
Corn Tortillas


mix together and let chicken get hot.. meanwhile put your corn tortillas in some foil in a 400 degree oven, I'd recommend putting parchment or foil between the tortillas, they tend to stick together.
When everything is hot.. put chicken in tortillas add some salsa on top, if you want a little cheese and sour cream, great. But these Tacos can be really healthy, so if your going for low calorie than don't use the cheese or sour cream. I did add a tad bit of cheese on mine :)

 

They are delicious.. I don't know about you but at our house we eat Mexican at least 3 days a week probably more!! There's a running joke in our house about us having some rogue Mexican gene somewhere because we just can't get enough Mexican food!! WE LOVE IT!!

Enjoy!
OX Sherice

No comments: