Sunday, December 4, 2011

chilly Sunday...

Hi guys!

How is everyone today on this sunny but chilly Sunday? I've got a workout post and a quick Taco Seasoning & Salsa recipe. Since this blog is in the baby stages, I often get a head of myself and end up forgetting to take pictures of ingredients or the process. I've made a mental note of this and as I get better about this blog I will remember.

This Taco seasoning is really easy. I had everything in the recipe on hand in my cupboard. I love to cook with herbs and spices. you can be as creative as you want.

Taco Seasoning
This recipe makes 4 servings of mix

4 Tbsp Chili Powder
2 Tbsp Cumin
2 Tsp Paprika
2 Tsp Sea Salt
2 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Onion Powder
1 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper flakes. If you have  mortar and pestle than crush them in those other wise no biggie, add them in as is
1 Tsp Oregano
2-3 pkts of true lime - depending on how much citrus you want



Add 2 Tbsp to 1 - 1.5 lbs of Hamburger, chicken, or ground Turkey Breast
This just goes to show that you can make spices, sauces, and rubs at home for half the cost of a bottled or packaged kind. That is going to taste better and be better for you. These spices are really so inexpensive if you can find them in bulk. I know that Fred Meyer has a good bulk section.

This Salsa is delicious. And it's so easy to make. It last about a day or 2 in your fridge.

1 large Onion chopped as big or as small as you like
3-4 good sized Tomatoes chopped as big or small as you like
1 whole Jalapeno minced finely, I like spicy so I use the whole Jalapeno, seeds and all.
2 good pinches of Sea salt
2 nice cloves of Garlic minced finely
2 handfuls of Cilantro, remove bigger stems, chopped finely
1/2 a lime, but if you taste and want more add more
1 whole Avocado, remove from skin and remove pitt cut into cubes

Add everything together and stir. Delicious right when you make it or after it's chilled!!

This was my workout on Saturday

10 sec rest/40 sec work intervals 35 rds 5x through
The total time 29 min. My Scores (reps) are below the exercises.

1. Mt climbers on bosu ~ Cardio, Hold bosu with round side on ground, hold on to side handles and do Mt. Climbers
88, 67, 62, 44, 50
2. Bent over Row with a Tricep kick back w/ 10lb weight (R)
12, 12, 11, 12, 12
3. Bent over Row with Tricep kick back w/ 10lb weight (L)
11, 11, 14, 10,  12
4. Medicine Ball taps ~ cardio, tap each foot on medicine ball as fast as you can
99, 79, 85, 86, 67
5. Single leg deadlift w/ 15lb Kettle Bell (R)
11, 13, 13, 13, 12
6. Single leg deadlift w/15 lb KB (L)
12, 13, 14, 14, 14
7. Stability Ball Knee tuck and Pike ~ Core, This is a hard one for me. My Core isn't strong. Roll out off a stability ball until feet are the only thing on the ball, your hands are on the ground,  pull in your knees towards your stomach and back out again for the knee tuck and the pike up in the air with you butt making a v shape, and down again so your straight. 1 kn tuck and pike = 1 rep
6, 7, 8, 7, 6

I hope you do try this workout.  You'll get a good sweat! Just remember you want to push yourself to the max and really challenge your self, but go at an intensity level that is ok for you. So in other words don't go so hard you pass out or injury yourself because your sacrificing good form to go fast. Use common sense.

See you later!

No comments: