Thursday, February 2, 2012

Light Whole Wheat baguette

Hey!

Yesterday it was very wet and rainy. Which was nice. I'm from the Pacific Northwest where it rains all the time, living on the other side of the mountains is a lot different. In Spokane we get more snow and hotter temps in the summer. It's very dry around here. But this winter has been mild and the rain is a refreshing change from snow!
Being cold and wet out I of course knew I would be making a yummy pot of soup. I settled on Green Lentil and I remembered seeing a Light Whole Wheat Baguette recipe on www.pinterest.com. I love that site! I really like the recipes and the D.I.Y. stuff.

I made the recipe and it's really good and was really easy to make as well.

Here's the link for the recipe.... http://www.goodlifeeats.com/2011/01/light-whole-wheat-baguette.html

this took me about 5 mins to mix up and the rest is just rising time.. I got about 6 smaller loaves out of this recipe. I made 3 and put 2 in freezer and 1 in fridge, which I will most likely make tonight to go with my salad. You most likely will have to get your hands "dirty" :) just get the dough mixed and let it rise... that's all there is to it.

I  love to eat healthy. And I'm glad that I notice the difference. I Don't all the time, I fall of the health wagon too now and again. But I get back on track too. You can't have that defeatist attitude. You know what I'm talking about "oh, now I might as well eat the whole bag and have pizza for dinner."
You just need to say "this moment I can change it."

When I started out on my "Healthy Journey" as I call it. I was no more educated about this stuff than you or the next guy. I did all the research myself. I read books.. a few I really enjoyed that are along the same lines is.. Jillian Michaels Master your Metabolism.. this is a super in depth (on the nerdy side), book about hormones and your endocrin system and how environment and what we put into our bodies does to them. Also Jackie Warner's Book This is Why Your Fat and How to Stay Thin Forever.
This book touches on the same topics as Master your Metabolism but on a less in depth scale. This book also has a full chapter dedicated to sugar and how bad it is for us. It really is worthless!!  I started doing research online.

Then I wanted to join a gym but knew that I wouldn't be successful unless I felt comfortable. Right!! I've belonged to other gyms and found myself standing around feeling like a moron having no clue what to do. This time I had a game plan. I joined my local Gold's Gym and I also hired a trainer once a month. She trained me and the wrote down what I was supposed to be doing when I was at the gym. How convenient!! I did that for about a yr. During that time I became very familiar with the gym and working out. I then started checking out workout videos on youtube and stumbled upon Bodyrock.tv. I then started doing there workouts. I was feeling like "If this is what I want to do and I want people to pay me to help them, then I should be able to do it on my own" So I split up with my trainer and I now do it by myself. I do get inspiration from watching workout videos and looking at magazines. And for now that's how it will have to be.. Until I get that elusive job and start working towards a personal trainers certification. Helping people with their weight, diet and out look on life are what I really want to be doing. Slowly but surely :)

Enough of me yammering on.. talk to ya later
Sherice ox

You will be surprised at how your body changes and adapts to what you put into it. I realize that eating less bread makes me feel better, I've replaced a lot of bread with Ezekiel sprouted grain bread. At first it took a bit of getting used to, But now I really like it. It's got a chewy kind of after bite to it.. Sounds weird, I know but give it a try. I like that my body wants water, nice cold water. I love the stuff and have it with me at all times.. no joke! I have a great 24oz BPA Nathan's water bottle I take everywhere.
I like that I crave fresh, delicious, vegetables, salads, and roasted veggies. Eating this way makes me feel, lighter, healthier, less weighted down. I think we've all felt that feeling. That's what unhealthy, fatty, starchy foods make you feel like. I can for sure tell the difference between eating a pile of mashed potatoes and gravy and a salad with a light oil based dressing on the side!! With the mashed potatoes, I'm sluggish and want to take a nap, with the salad I'm ready for a nice hike or something else active.
If you don't understand what I'm talking about than I challenge you to get a notebook and start journaling what your eating, how your feeling about it after wards, physically, mentally, emotionally. Then start switching up things, more fruits and veggies, less starchy breads and potatoes. more water and less carbonated soft drinks. Less cheese, dips and sauces. Use more lemon juice, fruit juices, spices, peppers, Celtic or sea salt instead of reg table salt. less processed foods and more fresh foods. no chips, cookies, candies. Trade them for nuts, dried fruit, Dark chocolate pieces.

Okay, I think you get the point. :)

No comments: