Friday, January 27, 2012

French Toast Recipe :)

Hey!

I love to have breakfast for dinner. I don't know why it's just kinda naughty. So I have a delicious Healthy French toast recipe for you.



When Making french toast I never measure anything. You can't really screw it up. This recipe made about 4 pcs of toast.
4 slices Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread
1 egg
1/2 cup or about milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
a dash nutmeg
a splash vanilla




set bread aside and mix other ingredients well with a fork, dip bread 1 pc at a time into mixture on both sides, put on your griddle. cook for about 3-5 mins then flip, cook another 3-5 mins and serve with your favorite toppings!!






I also made another batch of those healthy oatmeal cookies I posted on my blog.. here's the link http://foodieluvsfitness.blogspot.com/2012/01/healthy-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-cookies.html

I highly recommend that you purchase a 15 dollar coffee bean grinder. It's well worth the money. I've use mine to grind not only coffee beans, when my husband forgets to grind them at the store :) flax seed for flax meal and also almonds for almond meal. This last time around I was being lazy and thought I'll just buy some almond meal from Bob Redmill's. I love his stuff. any how.. It was 11.99 a bag. I couldn't believe it. So I went to the bulk section and got a couple scoops of almonds and came home and put a couple handfuls in my coffee grinder and waaalllaaa.......you've got almond meal. Another bonus of doing it this way is you can kind of pick the texture you like. I love the nutty flavor this adds to these cookies! But I think next time I'm going to add a couple of scoops of peanut butter. :)

This is my next workout. I haven't done it yet but when I do, I will post my scores!

15/40/21rds/3 x thru

1. 1 leg toe touch. touching opposite toe from hand 12 lb (R)

2. 1 leg toe touch, 12 lb (L)

3. Mt Climbers

4. Rollouts using the Stability Ball ~ on knees put forearms on the ball and rollout on it. engage your core to protect your back

I'd love this on a t-shirt!
5. Leg lift with a donkey kick alternating legs

6. Mt. Climbers

7. Planks w/ knee tucks

Cardio session
10/20/8 rds Tabata interval = 4 mins

alternate  between

1. toe taps

2. jump tucks

Hopefully this workout will give you a good sweat!
Sherice ox

No comments: