Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Haystacks..... and I don't mean cookies!!

Hey guys!!

I hope everyone's Valentines day has been good. Today is just another day to the hubs and I.....We celebrate our love everyday, we don't have any need to make a big production out of this one commercialized holiday!!

I have a quick, easy, delicious, dinner for you that has literally been in my family for years.. I'm 38 and I've been  I'm in my early 30's and I've been eating this since I was a kid!

Haystacks ~

this is my cleaned up version of this recipe.. the original calls for chili, my family likes Nalley's and I use Amy's Vegan Chili and corn chips. And you still can if you want to.. you can make this dish as "clean" or as "dirty" (lol) as you'd like!!

you will need......
Chili.. what ever kind you like or that suits your dietary requirments
organic corn tortilla chips
Reg cheese or Daiya cheese
salsa
sour cream, I use Better than Sour Cream
and any kind of veggies you like..

This is what we put on it ...
mushrooms
cucumbers
avocado
bl. olives
cilantro
onions
tomatoes

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do!

My workout for today was a timed workout. Not necessarily a time challenge but I do like to push myself but because I was doing a few exercises I'm not really good at,  I took my time and watched my form. 
3 sets
20 reps ea exercise except for the skipping do 100 reps
Remember to breath out on the exertion

1. squats w/ a side leg lift w/15 lb kb ( 10 ea side)
2. plank jacks
3. deadlifts w/15lb kb
4. skipping (100 reps)
5. plank w/ shoulder taps ( 10 ea side)
6. plank jacks
7. bicep curl w/12lb on rd side of bosu....go slow on the way down, that's when your building muscle
8. skipping
9. stability ball roll outs
10. plank jacks

I finished my workout in 38 mins
Don't forget to drink water and stretch before and after

I hope you all have a great night :)
Sherice ox

No comments: