Friday, February 17, 2012

Got a cold?? I have the perfect remedy....

Hey ~

How are you all today? Things here are going.. I'm super excited because I FINALLY got a job!!
I'm thinking about all the things I will be able to do/get now...
1. back to Taekwondo and my black belt.... oh yeah!!!
2. Trainers certification
3. new workout shoes
4. dog neutered
5. bosu and sandbag!!
and bills of course!

I know when my family is sick all they want is chicken noodle soup and sprite.. no one is sick around here but I make this often because it's just so quick and easy..

Mock Chicken Noodle Soup ~

1 onion chopped
2-3 carrots chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 bay leaf
handful of mushrooms chopped
2 stalks celery chopped
a couple Tbls of dried basil
a couple tsp of herbs d province
I usually use 8 cups of chx broth (the noodles will absorb some liquid)
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 - 3/4 bag of no yolk wide egg noodles

Saute onions & celery for about 7 -10 mins add in garlic saute a few more mins. then add in rest of ingredients except noodles.. simmer with lid on for 20 mins add in noodles simmer for another 10 mins or until noodles are done. As you can see there is not chicken in this soup but feel free to add it if you'd like.. we like it better without!

You can serve this with what ever you like but I made mine with biscuits.. heart shaped, just for my sweet daughter Jess..


every time I use store bought Bisquick mix I remember this recipe. http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-biscuits/ I'm determined to remember it next time..

Yesterday the day got away from me and I didn't get to them gym until about 8 pm which is late for me but I was determined to get a workout in! This is what I did....

 1. 20 Reps Kettlebell swings w/a 15 lb kb 
         1 min skipping rope
 2. 10 Reps KB squat w/ shoulder press w/ 15 lb (L)
 3. 10 Reps KB squat w/ shoulder press w/ 15 lb (R)
         1 min skipping rope
 4. 20 Reps Hanging Knee Raises
         1 min skipping rope
 5. 15 Reps Reverse pushups
         1 min skipping rope

do 3 sets and your done.. don't forget to drink your water and do your stretching!!

Lets all believe in ourselves.. imagine what we could accomplish!!
sherice ox

No comments: