Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mounds Mousse ~ creamy, chocolatey, 2 ingredients=93 calories

Hey ~

I hope everyone's week went well. I, for one am glad it's Saturday. Last night I was really craving something chocolatey and creamy that wouldn't undermine all my hard work at the gym and eating clean this week. A while back I was playing around with some chilled coconut milk but it just wasn't right.... but the consistency was so creamy and fluffy, it reminded me of mousse.

Ever since then it's been in the back of my mind... nagging at me.. so last night I had a brainstorm.. here it is...


I call this Mounds Mousse because you get that coconut and chocolate combo that is so delicious but with out all the sugar, fat and calories!

Chill coconut milk in the fridge overnight, scoop out the hardened milk and discard the liquid that has separated in the bottom. Add in 1/4 cup of Ghirardelli sweetened chocolate powder.. you can get this at safeway. whip together with whisk. Once fully incorporated divide into 3 ramekins. This will be about 1/2 cup, give or take in ea ramekin. Put back in fridge and chill for 20-30 mins..

Here's the breakdown.....
calories = 93
Fat = 5 gr
sodium = 20 mg
carbs = 12 gr
sugar = 10 gr
protein = 1 gr

I think this is delicious! I hope you like it too!
Sherice ox

Edited on 2/24/14
Next time I make this I will use Vegan Choc Shakeology!!





No comments: