Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hottie Tottie Workout!

Hi guys!

So, I'm going to start using a food journal again for a while. I need to get myself back on track and I know this will help. I use a regular notebook. That way I can carry it around with me so I don't have to try and remember every single thing I put into my mouth.

I really want to be successful with my weight loss and get to where I want to be or close to it by summer. I want to get a new bikini and enjoy the boat we bought at the end of the summer last yr and not feel fat, frumpy, old and out of shape!

I cannot wait to get some sun and have some family time camping and enjoying the lake every chance we get this coming summer. There is nothing more relaxing than closing your eyes, kicking back and getting lost in the motion of the water!



My sister and I are also doing a "mud run" in June called The Dirty Dash so I better get in gear! 




So this is what I've eaten today......

9am ~ 3 cups coffee w/ 2 tbls creamer, 3 egg whites with garlic powder, mushrooms, onions, basil and pepperjack cheese w/ 1 slice Ezekiel bread w/ butter
11:30 am ~ 2 tuna salad lettuce wraps.. romaine, 1/2 avocado, tomatoes and 1 serving (20) BBQ pop chips
1 pm ~ 1 protein ball http://foodieluvsfitness.blogspot.com/2011/12/nut-butters.html
2:30 pm ~ 1 choc strawberry banana protein smoothie
3:30 pm ~ 16 oz single wh. choc mocha
6:00 pm ~ huge salad with tons of veggies, crushed pita chips, 1 slice pepperjack cheese, and 2 tbls lite balsamic dressing, 1 1/2 cup homemade tomato, basil soup, 1 mozzarella stick
so far my water hasn't been great today.. I've had about 48 oz
I will probably have a piece of fruit or some yogurt in a little while.. I'm already feeling my tummy rumbling again.

I can already tell by looking at what I've eaten today that I'm not eating enough fruits and veggies, I'm drinking to much coffee & I need to cut down on the cheese. That is why a food journal is so important. In my mind it doesn't seem the same as it is when I can see it on paper, besides I'm a very visual person so seeing it is twice as helpful to keep me on track.

Another goal of mine is to be working out 5 days a week w/ 2 active rest days. By active rest days that means, a bike ride, climbing the rock wall, a hike, going to the park and throwing the frisbee around, playing a game of tennis or walking my dogs... anything that is active but not a "workout" at the gym.


The Hottie Tottie workout ~ I did this workout on 1/5 (wow time flys)
20 sec rest/40 sec work/20 rds/4x thru = 20 mins & during the 20 sec rest interval I did 10 Mt. Climbers to keep my heart rate up since I didn't really have any cardio in this workout


1. 1 leg toe touch w/ 15 lb kettle bell (L)
14, 12, 14, 15

10 Mt. Climbers

2. 1 leg toe touch w/15 lb kb (R)
14, 15, 16, 16

10 Mt. Climbers

3. Hanging knee raises
19, 20, 20, 18

10 Mt. Climbers

4. Wall sits during the 30 sec work interval

10 Mt. Climbers

5. Knee tucks and a pike on stability ball
8, 7, 7, 7

10 Mt. Climbers


when I was done with that I did a skipping rope interval ~ 10 sec rest/30 sec work/24 rds = 16 min

How do you feel about keeping a food journal? Do you or do you keep a tally in your head? What are some of your goals?  I'd love to hear your input, so leave me a comment! :)

ox Sherice

2 comments:

Angela said...

Hi Sherice. I started a food journal yesterday. I changed up my diet and need to stay on track. I am eating 100% clean; except on Sunday, I will have 1 cheat meal which will consist of salad, main course and dessert. I usually go all out on my cheat day, but want to try something different and see if my body can lean out a bit. I love following your blog! Keep up the good work!

Sherice@foodieluvsfitness said...

Hi Angela~ I'm so happy to hear you like the blog! Doing a cheat MEAL is a great way to not feel deprived. It helps to know that you get to have a treat at the end of a long week. A cheat DAY is a recipe for disaster! But everyone needs to do what works for them and I know some people can do a whole cheat day. I find that eating clean and healthy and then having a cheat, I sometimes don't want it.. and my cheats turn into stuff like bread or mashed potatoes instead of sugar desserts. Although I would walk through fire for Cheesecake.. it's my favorite!! Have a great day! ;)