Thursday, January 12, 2012

Eggplants are delicious!!

Hi guys ~

I did a great workout yesterday that really kicked my butt, but it feels so good. I left the gym smiling, feeling really good about myself!
Working out makes me feel......
1. healthy
2. Happy
3. Strong
4. Confident
5. Less Stressed
6. More Energized
7. Sore which is good.. it means my body is building muscles
8. Hungry,  so I eat more
9. Sexy
10. Alive

This is the workout I did on 1/11
Booty Blaster w/o ~ 2 part w/o
1st part ~ 20 sec rest/40 sec work/28 rds/ 4x thru = 28 mins

1. Foward lunges alternating legs w/ 15lb weights
15, 13, 10, 10

2. Fire Hydrants w/ kick back leg lift ~ really squeeze those glutes on the kick back leg lift
14, 16, 15, 14

3. Plank Jacks on dynex ball
45, 27, 20, 25 (these are brutal) make sure your core is tight or your going to hurt your lower back, if you can't do them on a ball then just do a plank on the floor and do them

4. Arnolds w/ a lat raise w/ 10 lb weights
4.5, 5, 4, 4

5. V- sit w/ 12 lb medicine ball
40, 40, 41, 40

6. Dynamic squats ~ these are great for the inside of your thighs, mine are very sore today
30, 25, 25, 23

7. Tricep extension on stability ball w/ 12 lb medicine ball
12, 16, 15, 15

part 2 ~ 20 secs rest/3o secs work/20 rds = 16 mins

skipping rope.. I did a combo of skipping jacks, high knees, and skipping moving side to side. It breaks it up and seems to go faster that way! I like to trick my brain!!

If you don't know what these exercises are look them up on youtube.. you will be able to find them on there. I don't do any real crazy stuff! Eventually I would love to video them to show you guys but I have a moral hiccup with that.. I'm not a personal trainer (yet) so until I am I will not video myself as a tutorial! It's just how I am.

I love Eggplant.. It's one of my favorite veggies. Last night I was really craving some eggplant parmesan so I made some but this is healthier than anything you'll find eating out! P.S. my favorite place to eat eggplant parm is Olive Garden.. It's so crisp and delicious! YUMMMMMM!!!!

1 eggplant peeled and slices about 1/2 in thick.. if you don't mind the skin you can leave it on, it's totally edible. Then I laid out the rounds on paper towels, sprinkled a little Celtic salt on them and then put some more paper towels on top to absorb some of the moisture and let them sit about 5-10 mins.

Then I mixed up my "crust"
1/2 cup oat flour
1/4 cup flax meal
a couple Tbls of corn meal to give is some crunch
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp dried oregano
1 Tbls dried basil
1/2 tsp onion powder

then I dredged my eggplants in 2 beaten egg whites then in my crust mixture. I then placed my eggplant rounds onto a sprayed pan ( I used organic EVOO) and baked them in a 400 degree oven for about 10 mins or until brown on bottom then flipped and baked another 10 mins.. these were so good w/out the guilt and grease!!!

my pasta was a combo of whole wheat and reg thin spaghetti.. I have to accommodate my kids and hubby so I compromise. The sauce is also homemade.. can you tell I like homemade food instead of store bought, preservative filled crap!!  I will save that recipe for another day ;) mwaaaaa! and I had half a glass of Pinot w/ water.. I know your thinking "WHAT, water?" YES... when I was training with a trainer that was what he told me to do.. so now I dilute my wine with just a bit of water. Which means, I get to indulge with less calories and I've noticed that I don't get a sulfite headache either. You don't want it to taste like watered down wine so be careful, but I challenge you to give it a try!

Say hi to me.. I like to know who's reading this blog of mine. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy.. kinda like my glass of wine. HA :)

Sherice ox

No comments: