Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Granola bars!

 Hi~

How is everyone's New Year going so far? Good I hope!

Here's a quick yummy granola bar recipe for ya!
I got this recipe from http://toneitup.com/ I really love this website.. they have some great recipes and workout videos so check em out!!

Granola bars ~
1 cup almonds
1 cup apricots
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup honey
1 cup peanut butter
3 scoops vanilla whey protein powder

mix 1st 3 ingredients together, then heat up peanut butter add in honey and van protein mix well. add into the dry mixture and pat into a greased dish. put in fridge to set for 45 mins.
Slice and wrap for easy on the go eats!!

I only made 1/2 the batch this recipe makes.. I didn't have enough of some ingredients. Like the honey for instance, I had almost a half cup, so I topped my 1/2 cup off with some agave nectar.. I think that's why my bars never got really hard even after the 45 mins in the fridge. And I forgot the vanilla protein powder in mine. I added in some dried blueberries as well. They are still really good and I will be tweaking this recipe to make them just right for me.. thinking maybe less honey and a little coconut oil to also help harden them up! well see. I will for sure let you know how it goes!


I also have a workout for you!
This is an H.I.I.T workout and also a quick 4 min Tabata cardio workout at the end!


No Pain No gain workout
10sec rest/45secs work/24 rds/3x thru= 24 mins

1. Squats with a kick back w/12lb weight ~ really squeeze that glute muscles on the kickback
15, 16. 17

2. Scorpion planks ~ alternating sides ~ 20, 33, 36









3. adductor lifts (L) I didn't use any weight 32, 56, 70













4. Adductor Lifts (R)
38, 65, 83

5. Fly on Stability Ball I used my med resistance band
11, 14, 16

6. Crunches on SB. I started out doing obliques but switched to regular crunch
19, 22, 22

7. Crunch on SB
16, 19, 22

8. Push ups on knees
10, 15, 17

a Tabata interval is always going to be rest for 10 sec and work for 20 sec and you do 8 rds which equals to 4 mins. I did 2 exercises Jumping jacks and jumping side lunges

1. Jumping jacks
18, 25, 25, 26

2. Jumping side lunges
27, 26, 27, 30




Ciao Bellas!!
Sherice oxox

No comments: