Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Chicken Enchilada stuffed peppers


Hey There
I don't know about you but one of my favorite things is cruising Pinterest and  looking for amazing food recipe ideas. It seems I just can never follow a recipe to a T. I'm always vering off and doing my own thang. Well this recipe is no exception. 

Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers

  

These are so good even my daughter liked them. And the best part, LOW CARB!! 
When you're in the middle of your Hammer and Chisel program and you can only have 2 sevings of carbs a day, you get pretty creative on ways to save those carbs for the important stuff like wine LOL 

When I meal prep on Sunday's I usually throw 4-6 chx breasts into my crockpot. That chicken comes in handy during the week to make quick meals to keep my nutrition on track. This girls got GOALS YO!! 

Now to the recipe -
In a skillet....
2 cups shredded chicken breast 
1 chopped onion 
I can Rotel
1/2 bag organic frozen corn
1/2 bag frozen cauilrice (trader joes brand) you could use homemade too 
1 can beans of Choice rinsed, I used pinto beans
3 TBLS taco seasoning
1/2 - 3/4 Enchilada Sauce
4 peppers, whatever color you like, I like red, orange & yellow bc they are sweeter than green
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Add first 6 ingredients into skillet and heat until hot, add in taco seasoning and enchilada sauce
While chicken mixture is heating cut peppers in half and clean out seeds.
When filling mixture is warmed spoon filling into peppers, place peppers in pan sprayed with oil
Spoon a couple spoonfuls of enchilada sauce on top of each filled pepper and top of each with a sprinkle of cheese.



Top with foil and put in preheated 375 degree oven for 30 mins
after 30 mins take off foil and continue to Cook an additional 20 mins


Top with fresh cilantro and Serve with a yummy side of avocado, tomato salad
ENJOY & happy lifting! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...


interesting writing,..
you may be interested to try Indonesian food.
resep masakan indonesia