Tuesday, January 27, 2015

TASTY TUESDAY RECIPE ~ Sriracha cucumber hummus

HEY THERE . You AMAZING SOUL!  

I have started doing something called TASTY TUESDAY. Every Tuesday I will make something I haven't had before and share it with YOU!! 

I found this amazing hummus recipe in a magazine somewhere and recently cleaning out my phone pics I stumbled upon it!! 


The only thing I would do differently is I would shred the cucumber (that actually is blended with the chickpeas) and squeeze the water out. 
The hummus is a bit looser consistency than reg hummus and I couldn't figure out why.. DUH... The water content in the cucumber! 

Here's the recipe 
1 English cucumber peeled 
1 can garbanzo beans drained
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup Tahini
3 TBLS Sriracha 
Juice of 1 lemon
2 TBLS Extra V Olive Oil
1TBLS Cumin
2 tsp Smoked Paprika 
Salt and pepper to taste
**I'm writing the how to like I will do next time**

Cut about a 1/4 off the peeled cucumber, set to the side for garnish
Grate cucumber then squeeze out as much excess liquid 
Then put everything into a food processor and whiz it up!! 

Dice up the remaining reserved cuc, add hummus into bowl, add diced cucs in center with a drizzle of olive oil or Sriracha. 
Makes 2 cups
Keeps in fridge up to 1 week

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! 
I would love to hear what your thoughts, leave em below! 



No comments: