Welcome

She BELIEVED she COULD so she DID!

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Sloppy Joes Vegan style

 Hey lovelies 

I'm craving comfort food. It happens when it gets cold outside, at least to me! 
But I didn't want to use all my calories on rich Mac n cheese or lasagne! 

These bad boys HIT.THE.SPOT! 
Even my 20 yr old and 16 yr old loved them! In fact my 16 yr old said they are teenager approved 😀


There is just a hint of sweetness from the coconut sugar and a nice kick from the cayenne. 

These didn't last long and I think they will make another appearance very soon. 

Vegan soppy Joes 

2 1/2 cups cooked lentils 
1 carrot chopped 
1/2 red, orange or yellow pepper chopped
1 shallot chopped
1/2 head of fennel chopped 
1 onion chopped 
2 cloves garlic chopped
1Tbls chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 -1/2 tsp cayenne 
1-2 tsp mustard 
2 Tbls vegan Worcestershire 
3 Tbls tomato paste 
2 15oz cans tomato sauce 
Salt and pepper to taste

Sauté veggies until soft, add in remaining ingredients and simmer until done! 
I usually end up adding more spices once I taste test it so feel free! 

The second day I had these they were even better, but I need a bit of a crunch so I added some purple cabbage. It was a great combo and the purple cabbage doesn't have a very strong flavor so it was a great option! 

Thinking next time I will make some blue cheese coleslaw to go with them. 
This is an amazing delicious recipe http://www.closetcooking.com/2010/05/blue-cheese-cole-slaw.html




No comments: