Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Quinoa Pinto bean salad with Avocado Lime sauce


Hey Lovelies
As you may know I have a love affair with food and cooking!  
In the kitchen is where I feel most comfortable. My mother and grandmother instilled a sense of pride in cooking homemade food from scratch with love!! 

And they both blessed my sister and I with the cooking bug, mine didn't come until later in life but I'm happy to say I have also passed it on to my daughter who is now 17 and she makes a mean creamed eggs!! I got her a leather bound journal and she keeps all her favorite (usually family) recipes in there! 
Which makes my ❤️ shine! 
Jessica with her brother Corey 

=========================================================================

AFTER ALL the holiday indulging my body was literally screaming at me to eat something green and fresh. As I LOVE anything Mexican that is my go to so last night I sat thinking about what ingredients I had on hand and what I could make that would satisfy my craving. 

Lucky for you I came up with this delicious fresh salad that tastes better the day after. Flavors need to sit together and marry if you will... 

What's in It and how did I make it I bet you are wondering?
If I would have sat down and thought out this recipe and had everything on hand it would have had a few per things like smoked paprika and cilantro BUT... I used what I had on hand and it turned out just fine. Feel free to add what you like and make it your own!! 

Because I FIRMLY believe SHARING IS CARING, I'm here to share the recipe with you! 
Quinoa & Pinto bean salad with Avocado lime sauce
2 cups cooked white quinoa
1 can drained and rinses pinto beans 
1 cup thawed frozen corn
1/2 finely chopped onion 
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander 
1/2 tsp oregano 
1 sm Clive garlic minced
Pinch sea salt
Pinch red pepper flakes 
Juice from half a lime 
Mix everything together set aside 

Avocado lime sauce 
1/4 jalapeño with or without seeds is up to you, I used seeds from one side 
1 avocado
Juice from half a lime
Pinch sea salt
Sm clove garlic
1/4 cup sour cream (I would have preferred to make this vegan but used what I had on hand) to make vegan use vegan sou cream or plain unsweetened coconut milk yogurt 
A little water to thin it out
Add everything into a magic bullet or blender ( I don't own a blender as a I LOVE my magic bullet and it never fails me for any job I have from making oat flour to my daily superfood shake) 
Add water to your desired consistency 

DONE!! Let me know how you like it and if any, substitutions you make


HAPPY EATING and keep a look out for my Ecookbook coming this summer to a PDF near you 😊

No comments: