Monday, June 4, 2012

Mini White Chocolate Cheesecakes




One of my favorite blogs is Janetha's, and I'm really hoping I can meet this chicka at the next Blend retreat. She's got great content on her blog. Lots of good workout info and some healthy and some not so healthy recipes like the one this post is about. Her Hubs is a hottie and her dogs are adorable AND she's got a superhero of a momma ta boot!! No I'm not a crazy stalker, I just know a good thing when I read one!!



I did change the recipe a little, nothing to drastic but you can find her recipe here...but this is what I did.

Crust ~
1 + 1/3 cups and an extra handful of Nilla wafers
1/3 cup butter melted

tossed the Nilla wafers into my food processor.. made crumbs added the melted butter and you've got crust.
Line regular size muffin tins with 18 cupcake wrappers and put about a lrg spoonful into ea cupcake wrapper. Press with fingers. Put into a 325 degree oven for about 8 - 10 mins set aside. At this point turn your oven down to 300 so it's cooled and ready to put in the cheesecakes.



Filling ~
6 oz Ghirardelli White choc bar or chips
1/3 cup butter
16 oz 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese ~ softened to room temp
8 oz plain 0% Fage yogurt
1 Tbls Cornstarch
1 Tbls Vanilla
2 Eggs

Melt choc w/ butter in a dbl boiler or in microwave. I've never used the microwave but on Janetha's blog I think she says about 2 mins stirring about half way through. Then set aside to cool, mix yogurt and cream cheese until well blended and smooth, add in choc mixture beat again until mixed and smooth, then add in cornstarch and vanilla again mix until smooth and well incorporated. By this time you'll want to just eat the filling out of the bowl.. it smells so good!! Next add in eggs 1 at a time mixing after adding each egg.

melted choc & butter
cream cheese & yogurt



fill your cupcake wrappers evenly. I used my regular sized ice cream scooper which worked great. I filled these suckers to the top!!

Bake at 300 for 30 mins. the cheesecakes will have little splits on the tops and you'll think they aren't done but if you cook them any longer they will be dry. cool them for 20 mins then cover and place in fridge for at least 2 hrs. Top with whatever you'd like.

cooked and cooling

I'm thinking that I will make these and add in dark choc next time.. that sounds really good!

 I might try to do a no bake version.. I'm wondering what would happen if you didn't add in the eggs and just went right to filling the cupcake wrappers and put in the fridge for a couple hrs or even overnight. Hmm, now my brains working overtime.

I also got a great workout in today. Knowing that these little suckers would be in my tummy later :)

Do 3 sets and take minimal breaks in between each exercise to keep your heart rate up! I took about a min break in between each set.

1. after you do the 10 squats your going to hold a squat position with 1 leg held out to the side and just pulse it up and down. your not doing a leg raise so it's a small movement. Boy does it burn that outer saddle bag area. then do another 10 squats and pulse the opposite leg. so you'll do 20 total squats with 20 pulses on ea leg.

7. I used 12 lb weights after the first set. 10 was to easy and if your not fatiguing your muscles what's the point in my opinion. Today my chest (from the plyo pushups w/bosu) and my arms are REALLY SORE!!! which means I did what I was supposed to do!
I'm pretty much sore everywhere!

The rest is pretty self explanatory!  

 I did shorten my work week to 4 days instead of 5. I work for a cleaning company and my arm and wrists were starting to take a beating, I already have Impingement syndrome in my right shoulder that hasn't bothered me for a couple yrs, after doing physical therapy and getting some ionphoresis. But now it's hurting ALL THE TIME, not good. Since my goal is to get my trainers cert.. exciting news flash, I'm ordering my stuff from NASM tomorrow!! I don't want to junk my body cleaning. I need 1 more day of rest and this will also allow me to get in an extra workout day and study time. I'm grateful to be able to work a 4 day work week due to my wonderful husband who works his butt off!

I hope all's well with you guys! Let me know if you try the cheesecakes or my workout

OX Sherice

No comments: