Thursday, May 17, 2012

Strawberries and Cream

Hey All ~ 

How's everyone's week going? Mine went by fast. No complainants from me. Tomorrow is Friday and paid day, double bonus!

It seems that the whole Banana "ice" cream sensation is all the rage in the health world. I've made mine and it was yummy. Plus you can make it tons of ways! But, I don't like that it melts very quickly and the ones I've made have just been lacking in something. I was reading a blog the other day and there was a recipe on there and then the gears in my brain started to turn.... 

This was the outcome


I bet you'd like to know what it is?

I had all the ingredients on hand and I was so excited..

Strawberries and Cream

1 can chilled Coconut milk ~ chill in fridge at least overnight, drain out the water that will separate from the milk

1 frozen Banana ~ cut into pieces (I'd recommend cutting before freezing)

1 cup frozen Strawberries

2-3 tsp of Agave

put all ingredients into food processor and blend away.. in about 2-3 mins (guesstimating) you will have smooth creamy fruity deliciousness!! 

You can use this as a base and mix whatever fruits that sound good. The chilled coconut milk makes it creamy and smooth and keeps it together better than just using bananas. I noticed that it doesn't "melt" like the banana or real ice cream does. I put the left over in the fridge overnight and today it was still solid and creamy. And just as delicious!

Next time I make this I'm using Pineapple and coconut for a creamy Pina Colada! Who's with me?

let me know if you try this. What kinda fruit you used and how it's changed your dessert life :) 

I'm planning on hitting the Farmers Market this weekend. And I'm sure there will be Cappuccino involved! 

What are your plans for the weekend? 

XO Sherice



2 comments:

Loni said...

Yummy! I am going to try this! Do you think it would work with light coconut milk? Thanks for the idea!

loni

Sherice@foodieluvsfitness said...

Is this my cousin Loni? I don't know? the original recipe for the chilled coconut milk was to use it for whipped cream and they said to make sure it was full fat. but you can give it a try. it might not set up as well but it will still be gooood! :)