Sunday, April 29, 2012

Quinoa mexican salad

Hello ~

How has everyone's week been? Mine was VERY busy at work!

Today I have a quick recipe and workout post for you guys. I've been loving me some Quinoa these past couple weeks. It's delicious, easy to make, healthy and a complete protein. You can find it at pretty much any grocery store now and I get mine from the bulk section of Fred Meyer or Yokes AND it's organic :)


REMEMBER you can make as much or as little of this as you want. You can add whatever spices and veggies sound good to you! You can eat this salad right when you make it but it is 100 times better when it's cold and all the flavors have married :)
As always try to get the most organic ingredients that your budget will allow :)

1/2 cup Quinoa
1 cup chx stock
1 avocado
2 handfuls of fresh cilantro
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1/2 sweet onion finely chopped
juice from 1 lime
1/4 cup cubed pepperjack cheese
6 quartered cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup sweet corn
1 Tbls  cumin
1/4 tsp chipotle powder
1 tsp chili powder
the spices are an estimation. when I made this I didn't really measure

First cook 1/2 cup Quinoa in 1 cup stock as recommended on package. Then put in fridge and let cool (if possible) then cut up all and combine ingredients with the Quinoa

I also tried this, this weekend... very tingly and invigorating.. must drink ice cold!

This one is Gingerade

Since my job is working for a cleaning company. I come home tired and worn out and I'm having a hard to getting the motivation to get my workouts in during the week. I've had some people say well get up before work and do it. I LOVE working out but I also like sleep and I'm getting up about 6:15-6:30 M-F already. So for now I've been working out on the weekends. Saturday I did the Bikini Sculpt workout from my new Tone it up DVD..

This has 7 great workouts on it set in beautiful Hawaii. They gave me encouragement and a push when I wanted to give up! I recommend you try it out. The price is right at $30 bucks. find it here, http://beachbabedvd.com/the-dvd/

Here's a sneak peek... the making of the Beach Babe DVD....




 For Sunday, Here's my workout

3 sets of....

Squats with a leg raise using a resistance band 15 ea leg
bicep curl w/ resistance band 20 rep
30 sec squat jumps... 2 squat pulses and a jump
Fire hydrant w/ leg raise to the rear 10 reps (R)
Fire hydrant w/ leg raise to the rear 10 reps (L)
30 sec donkey kicks
laying leg adduction w/ resistance band (R) 40 reps these are small pulses
laying leg adduction w/ resistance band (L) 40 reps
30 sec squat jumps
side plank hip up and downs w/ feet stacked 10 reps (R)
side plank hip up and downs w/feet stacked 10 reps (L)
30 sec donkey kicks
Dbl crunch ~ crunching your upper abs while doing a reverse crunch and meeting hands and legs in the middle 20 reps

Have a great Sunday
Sherice xo

No comments: