Sunday, August 31, 2014

Healthy Sunflower Butter cups!

Hello Lovelies!

One of my favorite candies is Reese Peanut Butter Cups.. especially the little itty bitty mini ones they have now....

BUT I don't like the nasty preservatives and chemicals that are in them.. AND I have a new found addiction to Sunflower butter..

.................................on toast, rice cakes, pancakes, a spoon, even my finger!!.................................

I saw this recipe but I switched it up a little by also doing some with Sunflower butter.. this one is my favorite.

I did however not read the directions completely and I missed a step. Apparently I was supposed to add some sunflower butter/PB2 into my shakeo to help it set.. WHOOPS!!

But sometimes the best things are created by a WHOOPS!! ya feel me?!

This recipe made about 4 mini cups of ea flavor

This is what you'll need



This is how I made them

4 tsp unrefined coconut oil, melted
4 Tbsp Sunflower butter or choc PB2
4 tsp  Chocolate Shakeology
4 Tbsp. water

1. Combine Coconut oil and sunflower butter or PB2 in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
2. Combine Shakeology and water in a small bowl; mix until it has a pudding-like consistency. Set aside.
3. I used a mini muffin tin and with mini cupcake papers
4. Freeze for 30 minutes, or until firm.


The interesting thing was when I made the sunflower butter ones.. the shakeo didn't spread out on the top like it did with the PB2 ones.. Little did I know, at the time that the shakeo had oozed down into the sunflower butter.. creating a yummy liquid chocolatey center.




















If you try these let me know how you like them!

Sherice xoxo

No comments: