Sunday, February 23, 2014

Vegan Pancakes! YUM

Hi There ~

I know I've been really sporadic about posting and I'm giving you my promise that I will be more consistent about my posts.. so I'm going to set a goal for myself of posting once a week.. every SUNDAY!!!

That should be VERY do able..

I have been meaning to post this recipe for quite some time. Here it is...

VEGAN PANCAKES

Dry Ingredients

2 cups oat flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup oats
1 cup W.W. Pastry flour
4 Tbls baking powder
2 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 Tbls Flax meal



add dry ingredients together.. I always put mine right into the container that I'm going to store it in.. put the lid on and shake it up to mix.. I always shake it before I make them too.



you can make this recipe Gluten Free. Just play around with the flours.. I didn't really like the coconut flour when I used that but chick pea flour might work well.. or you can just use all oat flour and almond flour. The Almond flour gives it a nice texture along with the oats...

For the wet ingredients you only need 3 things....


You want to mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl or cup before adding it to the dry ingredients.

For 1/2 cup dry mix ~
1/3 cup Water
1 capful Vanilla
1 1/2 Tbls Real Maple Syrup

For 1 cup dry mix ~ 
3/4 cup Water
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
3 Tbls Real Maple Syrup

Add the wet (once mixed) into the dry....


you can also add fruit, nuts, seeds or pumpkin pie spice... I'm thinking 1/2 a mashed banana and some chopped walnuts would be good... Today I used Blueberries.. next time I think I will use a scoop of my Tropical Strawberry (which is vegan) Shakeology.. it's always fun to experiment in the kitchen!




As for topping.. I use a drizzle of Agave or Vanilla Coconut milk yogurt

These are delicious and HEALTHY!!!

Let me know if you try them and how you made them!

OX Sherice