Thursday, March 28, 2013

Bring it on down to Veganville

Hi There ~ 

So glad you stopped by. I hope there is something in all my rambles that appeals to you. 

I wanted to talk a bit today about becoming a Vegan.. Or almost Vegan. I'm finding that Vegan goes way beyond eating and can be a bit overwhelming at times. I just take it a day at a time and try to educate myself as much as possible. 

 DISCLAIMER: THE OPINIONS YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ ARE STRICTLY MINE AND MINE ALONE.

I'm sure there are those die hard Nazi Vegans, as I call them.. that would beg to differ that I am not actually a vegan because I use active yeast and honey. But that's ok. I don't mind. I can only do MY best. 

I'm really loving this new healthier way of eating and living. It's such a comfort for me to know that I will never have to worry about what I'm eating. I think everything is a process and the further down the road you go the more you learn and things make sense. 

I'm not going to go into all that I've learned but I will post This. A ton of podcasts by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. She has tons of info and will most likely have a podcast to answer some of your questions. Also the documentaries Forks over Knives and Vegucated are great starting points for anyone looking to learn more about why someone would start a vegan or plant based diet.

When I first started cutting out meat and dairy, I thought "well if I want a burger or cheese than I will have it" but I've gotten to a point now that I DON'T want those things. But I'm not going to stress about eating out places. most places have salad and olive oil right?!! 

A few Vegan things I'm really excited about are...


This Cheese is delicious.. you have to be open minded enough to realize that NO it's not dairy cheese but it's an awesome substitute! The texture of this reminds me of Laughing Cow cheese wedges. 

also these...


one might ask.. "well if you don't eat dairy why would you want to eat vegan cheese substitutes?" Ummm.. because it's not that I don't like dairy cheeses but vegan options are so much healthier and just as good with out any animal products being used.

This...


I can't wait to try the Chedder and the Pepperjack shreds next! I have tried this kind of mozzarella


and I must say that the Daiya is superior.. it melts, stretches and contains NO SOY!!! it's creamy and even my non vegan sister and niece liked it.

It made my vegan lasagne so creamy and delicious that my niece texted me this....


So if you are lactose intolerant or have any other dairy issues give the Daiya cheese a try.. :)

I will have some new recipes for you soon :) 

a little teaser...
 vegan lasagne
cheesy kale chips
delicious pancakes 
and perhaps something sweet 

I have yet to try vegan baking but am very intrigued by the idea of it. 

for now that's all I've got for ya.. have a fantastic day :)

oxox Sherice
 






No comments: