Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Zucchini, Caramelized Onion & Gorganzola Pizza

Hello Lovelies ~

It seems Christmas comes faster and faster every year. Why is that?? My menu for the holidays looks something like this..

Chili Cheese log and crackers
veggies
Baileys and coffee
this delicious Kale and Quinoa quiche recipe Christmas morning
Lasagne meat and veggie (Christmas dinner)
Buffalo Bread ( CD)
garlic bread (CD)
Cesar salad (CD)
a delicious cherry and pistachio choc tart  (CD)
Truffles, Baileys and Peppermint

and probably some other delicious things....

What's on your holiday menu??

So lets get to this AMAZING pizza...

This is my favorite pizza! Easy to make and it doesn't weigh you down.



What you will need ~
 Pizza crust
1 baby Zucchini
1 onion
1 sm clove garlic
Extra virgin olive oil
Gorgonzola cheese
Mozzarella cheese

First you want to thinly slice 1 onion and put into pan with a little extra virgin olive oil using a low to med heat caramelize your onions.

while your onions are caramelizing you can go ahead and put your pizza stone or baking sheet into a the oven and turn it on to 500. Let your pizza stone or baking sheet preheat with the oven!!!

At this point you can start getting your crust ready. You can either make homemade pizza dough or buy some fresh dough at Trader Joe's or Safeway. Cut the dough in half.

 Put dough onto a piece of parchment paper that you've sprinkled with a little cornmeal.

I use a rolling pin to roll the dough. I roll my dough out very thin so I get a crispy crunch with every  bite!

after your onions have caramelized take them out of the pan and put into a bowl for when your ready to assembly your pizza. Now you can use all of the onions, but I often save some to use in something the next day.

Now you want to cut up your zucchini into about 1/4 in slices and saute them just for a few mins on each side. when you flip them to the other side add in your minced garlic.

when your Zucchini is done get them out of the pan and into a bowl or on the counter and get ready to assembly your pizza....

start by spread about 2 tsp of EVOO onto your pizza crust with a brush. Then add your zucchinni in a single layer. I put mine on like pepperoni. Then add your onions.

Then you want to add on your cheese.
I'm generous with the Gorgonzola but I only use just a sprinkle of the Mozzarella. There was the perfect amount left in the bag.

Now your pizza is ready to go into the oven. Pull out your preheated pizza stone..
Use caution as it is flaming hot!!!!  



 slide the parchment right onto your pizza stone or pan. Cook for about 5-7 mins!



I know you will LOVE this pizza as much as I do. I leave it to cool on the pizza stone and I find that it keeps the crust really crunchy.

ENJOY!!

OX Sherice 

No comments: