Thursday, March 15, 2012

workout and body image

Hi guys!

I hope everyone's week has been going well. It's been rainy and wet here and it's making me homesick for the other side of the mts.

I've been on call at my job this week and so far haven't been called in. I do work tomorrow which is great but this on call stuff is really hard to swallow. I know that in due time I will have more scheduled hours but it's hard to keep that in mind when I've got bills breathing down my neck. So today instead of staying cooped up in my misery I got a work out in.. It always makes me feel better.

One thing that doesn't make me feel better is looking at myself in those full length mirrors in the gym dressing room. UGHH!! I feel like I'm thin and lean but the reflection tells me other wise and then I spend the rest of the day beating myself up about it. Why can't you be more consistent. Why can't you eat only healthy foods. Why do you look so fat and jiggly? remember that the next time you want to eat cheese!! All sorts of crazy stuff runs through my head.

I want to be fit and healthy. To have guns and a 6 pk stomach. Is it possible, will I get there? No one is stopping me but me!!

Negative self image plagues everyone at sometime. I try.. now I said TRY... to think about the things I like about myself.. my green eyes, my smile, my compassion for others, my will to prove you wrong when you say I cannot do something. But sometimes it doesn't help. We all are a work in progress and I have made huge strides to change things I don't like about myself. I want to love me and know that I'm worth it and I deserve it... I saw this quote framed and on the bathroom counter of a clients house we clean.. it was her daughters bathroom and I thought to myself what a great mom this kid has.... This is what it said..

" Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure, it's our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? But actually, who are we not to be" 

This quote has really stuck with me. Why? Because it's true.

Some days my workouts are great, other days not so much.. today happened to be one of those days.. I kept getting tangled in my skipping rope, kept getting charlie horses in my hips when I was doing the pass the ball abs exercise and while skipping I was getting a side ache.  The charlie horses and the side aches are because I'm not as hydrated as usual. An easy fix! But I pushed through anyway and got it done, knowing I would feel better after and I did. :) 


This was my workout...

3 sets.. reps are posted beside exercise b/c they weren't all the same

45 sec skipping rope

1. Squats with 20 lb KB touching butt on dynex ball 15 reps

2. Renegade rows w/ 10 lb weights  15 reps

45 sec mountain climbers

3. Side bends w/ 10 lb KB (R) 15 reps

4. Side bends w/ 10 lb KB (L) 15 reps

45 sec skipping rope

5. Stability Ball (SB) passes from feet to hands 15 reps, 10 reps, 10 reps

6. med ball slams w/10 lb medicine ball 15 reps

45 sec mountain climbers

7. reverse flys on SB 15 reps w/ 10lb, 15 reps w/ 8 lbs last 2 sets

8. low back lifts on SB.. fore arms on floor, hips and stomach on sb lifting legs up and really squeezing your low back, going slow with control.. you will feel this in your low back, glutes, hamstrings and core.. great exercise. 15 reps

Have a great rest of the week
Sherice ox


No comments: