Saturday, March 3, 2012

Weekend Coffee Cake

Hi guys~

I posted a picture of my breakfast this morning and a couple people wanted the recipe so I decided to do a blog post on it!

This coffee cake is not healthy at all. It's got white sugar, bisquick, brown sugar and butter.. you know, all the usual suspects! But it is oh so moist and yummy when you've eaten clean all week long!


I would have taken some better photos had I known this would be a blog post but this will have to do! This is a recipe that my mom used to make when I was growing up and I replaced the Sour Cream with Honey Vanilla Greek Gods Yogurt. But any yogurt would do or you could just use Sour Cream if you fancy that!

Yogurt Coffee Cake
1 1/2 cups Bisquick mix
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbls butter, softened
1 egg beaten
3/4 cup yogurt or sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
Struesel topping:
1/2 cup bisquick mix
6 Tbls brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
 3-4 Tbls butter, softened

Mix together bisquick mix, sugar, & butter. Stir in yogurt, egg, & vanilla. Beat by hand 1 min or until mixed. Put about 3/4 mixture into a greased 8x8 baking pan.  Combine Struesel mix and use fork to blend together then add 1/2 Streusel topping then add remaining mixture on top and spread so it covers streusel topping. Add remaining streusel topping. put into a 350 degree oven for about 30 mins.. if not done cook for 5-10 mins more but keep an eye on it! cool 10 mins before slicing.

This is so moist and delicious. A real treat for the weekend or a holiday morning like Christmas or New Years!

After eating my yummy Coffee Cake I headed out to spend the day with my sister.

I'm on the left

we window shopped in a couple cute boutiques and had a satisfying lunch at a local place called Twigs Martini bar.. No Martini's for us.. but I had a half Blackened Chicken Caesar wrap w/ their signature fries and Gorgonzola sauce.


Then we headed to a place I've seen but never been to, so what better time than today.. It's a little cafe called Madeleine's Cafe & Patisserie.. our own little piece of Paris here in Spokane Wa.
My sister and I shared a delicious dessert called a Cigle.. pronounced Cig lei... it's a thin wafer cookie filled with chocolate mousse and chocolate ganche. It was so rich that you could probably split it in 3rds and be fine. We also got a warm frothy Cappuccino to wash it down.

Hmmmm.. do I have something on my face?
It was a much needed time with my big sis and a wonderful day!

Tell me about your Saturday!
Sherice oxox

No comments: