Monday, November 28, 2011

Chocolate Protein balls

Hello My Foodie Friends ~

Today I made these... They are good!!

Chocolate Protein Balls~ makes 10 balls
 
1/3 or a little more natural peanut butter ~ you can play around with the amount I'm guesstamating. I used the peanut butter you grind yourself from Fred Meyer that's just peanuts.
2 tbls Organic Agave nectar ~ you could use honey, I haven't tried that yet but I plan to.
1/2 cup Chocolate Whey Protein Powder ~ at the moment I have some GNC Pro Performance but I found some online that is healthier and cheaper with no soy in it which is important to me. Soy is a GMO crop here in the USA. I will do a post very soon on GMO foods.. nasty stuff!
1/4 cup Rolled Oats ~ not instant but not steel cut either. It is the middle of the road less processed than instant. I have it in bulk so I can't recall what kind.
2 Tbls Organic Coconut Oil

Mix peanut butter, agave, protein powder and oats in food processor. once that is mixed, heat up your coconut oil and pour through top of processor while it's on. Then scoop into a bowl. I have a small ice cream scoop that I used to make the balls. 

I scooped out a ball then rolled it between my hands and placed them into a plastic container. Once you've made all the balls put the container in the fridge and the balls will set. 

I'm going to add some cinnamon next time I make these. Cinnamon is antifungal, antibacterial, and antiparasitic. It also has anti-inflammitory properties and smelling cinnamon helps with memory!
 
 These are perfect for a pre or post workout snack. Or you can eat 2 with some fruit for a meal.  There are so many different ways you can make these. You can use this recipe as a base and add in different protein powders, nut butters, and dried fruits. I've made this recipe before and used Cashew butter, apricots and coconut. Those were a delicious breakfast protein ball!!  Let your imagination run.... You can really get creative in the kitchen. I'm a right brained person, which means I'm artistic, a day dreamer and I'm horrible at math. But my point is, that's why I love cooking because I can get really creative with it!

I hope you guys try these and let me know what you think! Please share your own protein ball recipes with me if you change it up!!

Blog at ya later ;)


                                        

No comments: