Monday, November 28, 2011

Buffalo Chicken in the Crock pot!

Hi~
I Love my crock pot! I think it is overlooked quite often in the kitchen. Set up on a shelf like mine and forgotten about. Well these past cold autumn days have rekindled my desire for something warm and soothing that I don't have to slave away in the kitchen for.
Yesterday I made this yummy hot and spicy recipe and I thought I'd share it.

Buffalo Chicken~ makes about 4 sandwiches

What you'll need~Crock pot
3 Organic Chicken Breasts
1 1/2- 2 cups Organic Chicken Broth
Provolone or Mozzarella Cheese sliced
Franks Red Hot Sauce or your favorite
Good Crusty Rolls or Hoagies
Red onion
Blue Cheese Dressing

In your Crock Pot add the chicken breasts and chicken broth I usually start out on high then a couple hrs later turn it to low. You'll know the chicken is done when you touch it with a fork and it starts to fall apart. Cook about 5 hrs
Take out chicken and shred with a fork. Empty chicken stock out of crock pot, place shredded chicken back into crock pot with about 3/4 of a 12oz bottle of Franks red hot sauce. Replace lid and let leave for about 30 mins to an hr.
This is what it will end up looking like. To assemble the Sammies. Turn oven on to 400 degrees and take your rolls or what ever hoagies you like and spread a layer of Blue Cheese dressing then chicken place some red onion slices on top of chicken and then some cheese. Wrap in tin foil and place in oven for about 10 mins.

Your ready to eat!! These are super spicy so I recommend making a delicious salad as a side dish and a glass of Organic Milk to wash it down.

Now a few suggestions.. to make this a healthier meal use it for Buffalo chicken wraps or salad. I think the next time I make this I will dbl the chicken and once it's shredded take out half and freeze for a future dinner with no fuss. I have the prefect recipe in mind. Chicken Enchiladas, Which is my daughter Jessica's all time favorite meal. Any time she's asked "What should I make for dinner" that's the answer and it's super easier! But I'll save that one for a future post. :)

No comments: